Q. What is a cosmelan peel?
Ans. The Cosmelan Depigmentation Peel is a unique, multi-ingredient clinical treatment designed to reduce areas of skin discoloration and hyperpigmentation and to give an antiaging benefit. It can be used to improve the look of facial skin, the abdomen, legs/hands, underarms, and the breast/nipple area.
Q. What are the benefits of a Cosmelan Depigmentation Peel?
- Reduces dark spots and hyperpigmentation
- Effective in the treatment of Melasma and Cholasma
- Antiaging – eliminates fine lines
Q. What is the cosmelan peel procedure?
Cosmelan 1 mask
Cosmelan 2 cream
The Cosmelan Depigmentation Peel is a two-step process.
Step 1: The In-Office Cosmelan 1 Mask
- Skin is cleansed with Cosmelan oil removing solution.
- Cosmelan mask is applied in a thick layer by the dermatologist.
- Depending on the level of correction needed, the mask must stay on between six and twelve hours as advised by your dermatologist.
Step 2: The Home Care Regimen
- After the specified time, the Cosmelan mask is removed with a gentle, neutral cleanser.
- Immediately, the moisturizer advised by the dermatologist is applied to comfort the skin and protect moisture.
Q. What is post care after Cosemlan procedure ?
- Peeling generally begins two to three days after the mask’s application.
- Cosmelan 2 cream should be applied once at night after 2 to 7 days of Cosmelan 1 as advised by the dermatologist for the next 6 months.
- Strict Sunprotection is recommended after the Cosmelan procedure. Visiting a beach/swimming pool/waterpark even wearing a sunscreen is not recommended.
Q. What are Results from the Cosmelan Peel?
Ans. Within a few weeks, patients will notice skin blemishes are beginning to fade, and a brighter a complexion is breaking through. After a couple weeks, the skin will take on a shiny, healthier glow. These results will continue to improve over the fourth to sixth week, when the full benefits of a Cosmelan Peel can be seen.
Q. How often the cosmelan peel to be repeated?
Ans. Cosmelan 1 should ideally be repeated after every 6 – 12 months and Cosmelan 2 to be continued for maintaining the desired results.
Q. What are the Side-effects of Cosmelan peel?
Ans. Side effects of Cosmelan Peel can include mild to moderate redness and discomfort (similar to a sunburn).