"The Skin Doctor" is a skin care clinic in Mumbai established in 2018 helmed by Dr. Vrushali Rane Khan the cosmotologist & dermatologist in Mumbai. The Skin Doctor aims at providing effective and economical medical treatments for skin care, hair, and body health care based on her years of experience.
The skin clinic operates and provides services in Santacruz, and have served patients seeking skin care health from Bandra to Andheri, Pune, and also outside our state boundaries in Indore and also internationally.
Based on the years of experience of Dr. Vrushali Rane Khan the clinic now holds a top position in skin care in Mumbai and also is regarded as one of the finest skin care service provider and dermatologist in Mumbai from Bandra to Andheri.
Located in Santacruz West, " The Skin Doctor " is equipped with some of the latest medical equipment and lasers to treat various conditions in dermatology, Trichology, and cosmetology.
At The Skin Doctor, we offer a complete range of medical & surgical aesthetic solutions for skin, hair, and body all under one roof at an affordable price.
The expertise and professionalism with which we offer our service to our patients is the feature that makes us a prime choice. We make sure that the patient’s queries are clarified and all the details are provided to them correctly.
We believe in establishing trust and maintaining transparency with the customer as their health and wellness remains our responsibility above all.
We would love to serve more to the community and make many families happy and satisfied with our services. For a better solution on your skin care , hair and body care problems, feel free to consult your very own skin clinic in Mumbai.
Our Vision at The Skin Doctor is to become one of the best skin care clinic in Mumbai, India.
What Does a Skin Care Clinic Do?
A dermatologist is a doctor that specialises in dealing with health and disease aspect of skin, hair and nail.
A Cosmetic dermatologist is someone who has taken further training to provide treatment for cosmetic issues, helping patients to revitalize the appearance of skin, hair and nails.
This is different from a cosmetologist who could be any doctor (but not a dermatologist) or a non doctor (beauty parlour therapist) who has only been trained in beauty procedures without any foundation of basic dermatology and trichology.
For example, if one has hair loss from iron deficiency anemia, an untrained doctor won’t investigate and start with microneedling and PRP procedures but all the patient needs is iron supplementation. This can only be detected by a dermatologist who has been extensively trained in the basics of dermatology and trichology.
Another example being, a patient presents with dark underarms and the cosmetologist starts doing peels. But a dermatologist will identify the cause and then initiate treatment. A bacterial infection named erythrasma presents with dark underarms and can easily be managed by an antibiotic course lasting no more than a week and save the patients hard earned money wasting away doing unnecessary peels.
Every doctor that performs cosmetic procedures, be it the basic ones like peels or the more advanced lasers and fillers, has to have a strong foundation of dermatology in place so they can minimise the chances of side effects, and manage complications better. Also there are some dermatologic conditions that require medical management and not just procedures. A sound knowledge of dermatology and trichology is imperative to have a successful cosmetic outcome!!
Given below is a list of top ten most popular of our skin care services that make us one of the best skin doctor in Mumbai:
1.Skin Detox Signature Facial – for instant skin rejuvenation, Dr Vrushali has designed a special skin detox facial which starts with a gentle exfoliation, followed by a specialised Vit C enriched Fruit peel, followed by mesoporation where a cocktail of active ingredients containing collagen stimulators, microvitamins, micronutrients amino acids and brightening agents are pushed into skin, followed by a skin brightening and rejuvenating mask.
2. Radiofrequency Electrocautery This specialised medical Equipment is used for excision/ removal of skin tags, moles, moluscum, cysts, corns, etc. It is a non bleeding machine, provides complete asepsis and no post procedure scarring/contracture or pigmentation.
3. Microneedling Radiofrequency-This is a medical equipment that uses disposable microneedling apparatus to treat scars, be it pimple scar, chicken pox scar, post injury scar, stretch marks, openpores and fine lines. this is comparable to a FRAXEL or CO2 laser without the disadvantages of causing post procedure pigmentation.
4.HIFU (High Intensity Focusses Ultrasound)- this is a medical equipment meant for Skin tightening especially for lower face, jawline and neck, each session ordinarily lasts an hour without any downtime and is one of the most effective treatments for the typical lower face loosening of skin seen in Indian populations.
5. Diode laser- This is a 4th generation fibre optic Diode laser, that is meant for Permanent laser Hair Reduction of all areas of facial and body hair in men and women, Its safe, effective, fast and painless.
6. Botox- This is a purified protein administered in the muscles to relax them and make the wrinkles disappear. Dr Vrushali is an expert in Botox treatment, and it shows great results to remove horizontal forehead lines (worry lines) the vertical lines between the brows (anger lines), lines on sides of eyes (smile lines), neck lines, gummy smile, lines around mouth and sagging jawline.
7. Tissue Fillers (Juvederm) - These are hyaluronic acid based, gel like substances that are placed beneath the skin to give a sense of fullness, lift sagging skin, give a contour to the face. They are used in under eye sunken ness, to fill the cheeks, to make the lips fuller, to make the chin prominent, to fill the temples and forehead and a host other conditions.
8. Double chin reduction - Dr Vrushali is an expert in administering injections that dissolve the fat in stubborn areas like double chin, inner arms, below navel bulges, love handles, etc.
9. Skin Peels- The clinic is equipped with a host of peels meant for specific indications of face and body. the peels are Used to remove acne, pigmentation on face, antiaging, Fine lines, sensitive skin, oily skin, dark circles, dark underarms, body tanning, etc.
10. Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)-Here, patient’s own blood is used to generate his own stem cell, what is called PRP or platelet rich plasma. This PRP is then delivered to the skin or hair depending on the indication. PRP has shown an effective role in arresting hair loss, regrowth after hair loss, non healing wounds, rejuvenation of skin, anti ageing, open pores, acne scars, traumatic scars, stretch marks etc.
KNOW YOUR SKIN
Our Skin determines our personality, our social standing and our relationships. Terms like face value are extremely relevant in professional set-ups. Given this, there are a million ways of gathering advice on the same. From DIY home made beauty potions to expensive international brands, from local beauty parlour, friendly neighbour to concerned grandmother, we are flooded with advice on how to get a healthy skin.
The skin is the largest organ of the body, with a total area of about 20 square feet. The skin protects us from microbes and the elements, helps regulate body temperature, and permits the sensations of touch, heat, and cold.
Skin has three layers:
The epidermis, the outermost layer of skin, provides a physical barrier and creates our skin tone. It also allows absorption of the products we apply to our skin, so one should think wisely what we apply.
The dermis, beneath the epidermis, contains tough connective tissue, hair follicles, and sweat glands. This layer plays a major role in ag
The deeper subcutaneous tissue (hypodermis) is made of fat and connective tissue.
The skin’s colour is created by special cells called melanocytes, which produce the pigment melanin. Melanocytes are located in the epidermis.
Functions of Skin
A. Regulation of Body Temperature
B. Protection from Dehydration and Infection
C. Respond to Temperature, Pressure, Pain
D. Excretion of Water, Salts, Urea (nitrogenous waste)
E. Synthesis Vitamin D (essential for Ca + P absorption)
F. First Defensive Barrier of Immune Response